Monday, December 7, 2009

The Book Of Excuses

(Sumber:  Mr. Azizi Ali Newsletter)

One of the funny things (at least it’s funny to me) is hearing the excuses
people give to justify why they are not rich. What’s ever funnier is that
the people call them “reasons”; I call them excuses.

Throughout the years, I’ve heard excuses such as “I don’t want the
responsibility” to “people would come to rob me”
to “I’m too young” to “I’m too old”! I’ve heard the works and
now would like to share them with you.
Enjoy!

It’s too much work.
It’s too difficult.
I’m not greedy.
If I’m rich, people would come to rob me.
If I’m rich, people would come to borrow money from me.
If I’m rich, people would kidnap my children.
If I become rich, people would hate me.
I have to learn about stocks, properties, investments, tax, estate planning,
running businesses and all.
It’s too much hassle.
I’m too young.
I’m too old.
I’m not smart enough.
I’m not intelligent enough.
I didn’t go the right school.
I don’t have the right contacts.
I don’t have enough knowledge.
I don’t have enough capital.
I’m not lucky enough.
What if I make it and then lose it all?
Then it’ll all be a waste of time.
I’ll be paying even more tax. And God knows I’m paying
a lot of tax as it is already.
I’ll never know if people like me for what I am or because
of my money.
It might take me away from doing the things that I like to do.
What will my colleagues/friends/family say?Who me? Rich? No, I don’t think so.
I never even thought about it.
People may criticize me behind my back.
People may laugh at me.
I’m happy where I am.
What if I failed? Then I’ll really look stupid.
It’s too risky.
It’s too dangerous.
My religion forbids the accumulation of wealth.
I’d rather be doing more important things (such as watching TV).
In my world, the pursuit of academic excellence is more
important than the pursuit of wealth.
It’s so unrefined – all this talk about wealth and money.
How much more money do you want?
I wouldn’t know what to do with all that money.
I’d prefer to do charity work instead of mindlessly
chasing after money.
Too much wealth is not good. Moderation is the way
to everything.
My husband will start thinking about having a second wife
What’s the point? My wife and/or children will just spend it all.
What’s the point? It’ll only last three generations.
What’s the point? I do the work; other people get to enjoy
the money.
My children will just be fighting one another for the inheritance
when I die.
I don’t want the responsibility.
I don’t want to cheat or take advantage of people.
Money is the root of all evil.
Money is not important.
God don’t like rich people.
There are more important things in life than money, you know.
Happiness is more important than money.
If I become rich, I cannot be happy.
Health is more important than money. If I become rich,
I may lose my health.
You can’t have your cake and eat it too.
If I become rich, something else will have to give. And I don’t
want to give anything up.
What’s the point? When you die, you’ll die alone like everyone else.
If I’m rich, it means less for other people.
It’s difficult to become rich in this country.
I’m waiting for the right time.The opportunity has not presented itself yet.
My horoscope says not to start any new business this year.
My Feng Shui master said it’s not the right time.
It’s all up to God. I leave everything to God.
I want to enjoy life first. You’re only young once.
I have too much responsibility to think about anything else at this point in time.
I’m already drowning in work as it is. You want me to do more work?
That’s my husband’s job.

So there you go, folks, a partial (!) list of excuses people
give why they are not rich.That’s the problem with the world t
oday. Everyone is too gung-ho about money. All they t
hink about is money, moneyand more money.

(Moral of the story : Kalau nak ubah taraf hidup, jangan bagi
banyak alasan. Terus buat je. Take Action! Jangan sambil
lewa nanti jadi 'lemau'. Aku sendiri pon hampir jadi lemau
jugak sebab dah bertahun2 berada dalam suasana 'comfort zone'.
Nasib baik aku masih ada kekuatan untuk berubah.
Kalau aku tidak bertindak sekarang, agak2 nyer sampai
akhir hayat kot aku akan berada dalam comfort zone tu.

No comments:

Post a Comment